Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It was wonderful...

but I was so tired when it was over!
I'm talking about the weekend. We had a lot of family "together" time so everyone could see Karl, and so we COULD spend a bunch of time together. We missed Karen and Chris and the kids; and Keith and Sharon and the boys but those of us who were able to be together did a lot of eating and talking!
We tried to make it as 'easy' as possible, so we could spend the time talking and laughing together and NOT doing a bunch of kitchen chores.

Ron and I and Kris took Karl home to St.Louis on Sunday afternoon, then we turned right around and came back home. Got to Kris' house in Columbia about 9:30 PM and were home here around 10:30. Kris had taken yesterday off--in case we were late getting back, and Ron had taken the morning off yesterday, too. I was a little concerned about how he would feel after that long drive--considering he was in the hospital just last Sunday! But he did very well. We didn't have any problems with traffic or the weather, so THAT helped a lot! I could kick myself about only one thing! I realized yesterday that I didn't take even one picture the whole weekend. I don't think anyone else did either. Hopefully, Karl will be able to come back here for Dakota's and Robbie's graduations in the middle of May. We are all praying for that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had lots of fun that weekend - including the trip up to StL. Luckily, this time there wasn't some big traffic jam and people driving the wrong way down the highway!