Tuesday, October 21, 2008

More Harry and David

We walked on a kind of catwalk above the different areas of this plant while we were on the tour. Here are people packing some of the gift boxes.
Here is another assembly line, packing something different.
Here are they are sorting pears. The premium ones -good big size and shape and no blemishes- go into one kind of gift box. Smaller ones go into another, and those with blemishes or odd shapes are turned into jams and jellies.
There was a room on our way out after the tour where women were sitting making bow after bow with ribbon to adorn the boxes and baskets. click on the pictures and they will be bigger and brighter so you can see better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about the woman that was SO fast wrapping her pears. She only dropped one, but I think she could wrap 15 pears in the time it would take me to wrap two. She was fast!!

Mandy said...

That looks like fun. I don't know if I have ever done a tour of a plant before, if I had to choose one though, I think it might be that one!