Here are some tips I found on the back of my cereal box. I didn't post all of them because some I'm pretty sure you have seen before.
1.Fresh lemon will remove onion [or any strong scent] from your hands.
2. To keep ants out of the house, find where they are entering the house and sprinkle a barrier of cinnamon or ground pepper to block the path. The spices are too hot for the ants to cross.
3. to keep potatoes from budding/sprouting place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.
4. The freshness of eggs can be tested by placing them in a large bowl of cold water. If they float do NOT use them.
5.For a clogged showerhead, try boiling it in 1/2 cup vinegar [white is best] and 1 quart water for 15 minutes. [ Karen and I have tied a vinegar or lime-away soaked[full strength] cleaning rag around something like this, too, and left it for a couple of hours while we finished cleaning. If it is going to drip on something, put a zip bag over it and close it as much as you can.]
6. If you have a problem opening jars, try using latex gloves. The non-slip grip makes it easier.
7. Use egg whites to remove gum from clothing. Brush egg white onto gum with a toothbrush. Let it sit for 15 minutes and then launder as usual. [I think I would try to scrape away as much gum as possible before I laundered the item.]
8. Baby wipes are miracle-workrs on stains. From motor oil to blood, they remov almost anything!
I had never heard of the last two hints. If you use any of them let me know how they work. If
you have a hint to add, that will be helpful to us all, please share. This could prove to be a very interesting 'share' time!