Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Its the Middle of the Night...

...and you hear this bloodcurdling scream! Yikes! What is going on...?

I'm laughing now, because I just read Mandy's blog, but it isn't very funny at the moment it happens, is it?
A couple of times it was Karl screaming. Once, unbeknownst to me , he had gone to sleep with a root beer barrel candy in his mouth. The candy fell out of his mouth on to his pillow and as he rolled his head in his sleep it stuck to his ear. He came awake thinking he had a bug attached to his ear. More than that, he just knew it was a JuneBug, which he HATES to this day! Another time,again in his sleep, he was 'sleepriding his bicycle' in his bed. Literally in an upright position pedaling away. Of course he tripped over his covers and fell and hit his ear on the dresser that was by his bed. Try to figure THAT out when you've been awakened out of a sound sleep! Unfortunately, it meant a trip to the ER to stitch up his ear, too. BTW, the ER personnel really look at you funny when you are trying to explain how your child got an injury like that!
Once or twice it has been me that was screaming! Kristopher woke up with some kind of a problem one night that he thought he needed to bring to me. He didn't want to wake his Dad by calling for me from the hall/door so he very gently and softly came into my room and touched my soulder or face. I came just barely awake to see this person leaning over me and I let out a scream that scared Kristopher so bad he ran screaming down the hall away from our room. Ron jumped out of bed yelling "Whats going on? What's gong on? Judy, are you all right?Who else is screaming? Is somebody hurt? Somebody answer me!!" By this time all of the boys were up from downstairs and Kirk and Karen had come out of their rooms, too. It took a while to sort it all out, but by that time we ALL had a good laugh and with hugs all around went back to bed until morning. All of the kids learned that night that if they needed me they had better be sure I heard them coming to get me! [I've been laughing so hard while I write this that I have gone through 2 tissues just to wipe my tears!]
Thanks Mandy for causing me to remember a few funny episodes in our family history!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

You had me laughing too! I just imagined Kristopher running down the hallway...so funny! I remember Karl hating June Bugs and seeing him swatting at them trying to walk into your house at night when your porch light was left on and he would scream! Those were funny stories!

Anonymous said...

Great post! I want to hear more now. I remember these stories being told time and time again. How about Karl's little present in his dresser drawer? I'll have a post like that tomorrow...