Monday, January 26, 2009

Nanny, I'm so angry at you...

I kept Maggy today while Danielle worked. The gal that usually has her had some things to attend to today so I kept her. She is not really any trouble to keep, if you keep her interested in things to do: read books, play games, watch 'new' [to her, anyway] videos, etc. She likes routine, so she knows what to expect and when. So after lunch I told her that as soon as "Little Bill" was over it would be time to take her nap. She has a favorite "blankie" that she likes to sleep with and she took time to fold it just so and hand it to me before she went 'potty' before her nap. However, it came partially 'undone' when she handed it off to me. I took it and laid it on the bed just like it was. When she came in the room she said "Oh! Nanny! I feel very angry at you because you didn't keep my blanket all folded up!" I told her it was just like she gave it to me, but she gave a big [disgusted sounding] sigh and folded it up again and laid it on the bed in a very particular way. But that was all! Never another word about it. She snuggled down in the bed and within five minutes was fast asleep.
Don't you just wonder sometimes: How does a kid sift through all of the words and phrases they hear from us and come up with the most 'appropriate to the moment' things to say?!?

2 comments:

Abby said...

That makes me laugh! Uggh how could you ;)

Anonymous said...

That's funny! Erika told me today...wholly snap..then said I can say that can't I?