Thursday, January 29, 2009

I just HAVE to post this!

So, a few minutes ago I was sitting here reading my friends blogs, just minding my own business... All of a sudden I heard this big crash/bang noise in my kitchen. I was almost afraid to walk in there, but as I am heading down the hall, I hear Ron calling from downstairs "Judy? Did something fall? Are you okay?" By that time I have reached the kitchen door and am looking inside to see my cat, Babie, is after something along the base of the cabinet or under the stove. I tell Ron that I think the cat is after a mouse and then he [the cat] comes prancing out of the kitchen with a mouse tail dangling out of his mouth. About that time he drops the mouse, and then pounces on it again as it tries to run away. This happens several times and Ron [still downstairs!] suggests that maybe I can get him to take it outside. So I go to the backdoor and call him...but there is NO WAY that cat is taking the mouse outside!! When I come back into the living room I see that the mouse is very dead...but Babie still wants it to "play" so he bats it up and down the hall for a while. I decided to call Karen and tell her what was going on because of her recent blog about a mouse at their house; and while I am talking to her the mouse 'mysteriously' disappears. [I'm pretty sure Babie ate it!] BTW the noise I heard in the kitchen was the cat running into a little step stool and knocking it into the cabinet base. He also slid on a rug and ran into the stove while he was chasing the mouse down.
And, oh yeah... just went out to the car to get something Ron left out there. When I came back and went to hang up my coat in the closet... there was the dead mouse! I guess Babie batted it a little too hard and it went under the closet door. So glad I found it tonight. Ron would have really had a fit if he had seen it there in the morning!!! He can't stand mice!
HMMM! The reason for that would make a nice post for another time...

6 comments:

Mandy said...

This reminded me of a Tom and Jerry episode!

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! I didn't know it was found in the closet. Yes it is a great thing you found it before dad!

Nana-Judy said...

Yeah, that happened after I talked to you. And, ..ummm...he found another one to play with tonight! go BABIE!!

Anonymous said...

lol, I seem to remember Dad's aversion to mice had something to do with moving a stove in the garage and a mouse jumping out of the stove... then there was the one that jumped out of the silverware drawer...

Anonymous said...

yeah, and the one that sat on my bare foot in the bathroom, and...
and...and...
Did I mention, I HATE MICE???!!!

Cookie said...

Ewww!