Monday, November 24, 2008

Home!

"Be it ever so humble, there's no place like HOME!" or so the old song goes.
I was so blessed to be able to go to Karen's and help with what I could do to help these past 3 weeks! I enjoyed getting to spend time with her andwith the family. I am SO thankful that everything has turned out so well. [I'm still praying that she doe NOT have to have chemo!] I love Oregon,too, and the mountain views that surround their town.

But you know what? I'm really glad to be home, again, too!

Karen and I left her house around 4 AM[their time] this morning, and my plane left at 6 AM. There were a lot more people traveling today then the last time we left there. There were about triple the amount of security people working,too. Thanksgiving week is one of the busiest of traveling times! I feel really blessed to have been able to get a ticket. This time I flew into Denver and then on to KC. Denver is a nice terminal...but it is too long! I arrived at gate 87 [or something near that!] and my next flight left out of gate 19. I had approx. 45 minutes to get there, but first...I HAD to go potty! And of course there was a line... Let me just say...HOORAY FOR MOVING SIDEWALKS!!! I used 6 different ones to get from one point to another. I just can't move as fast as I used to--bad knee and no breath!!! I did get to Gate 19 in time to rest a few minutes and 'catch my breath', but they did begin boarding about 10 minutes earlier than the declared boarding time, too. Probably because nearly every seat was filled!

Ron was waiting for me in KC. I told him I was a little hungry, because it had been a long time since the breakfast I ate on the way to the airport with Karen. We stopped at a Cracker Barrel in Independence and spent some time enjoying our good dinner and catching up on news with each other. It was a great day, with no real problems... but I'm tired now, and I think I'll go to bed! Sweet dreams!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I was so hoping that Dad would take you somewhere to just sit and enjoy each others company! Mommy thank you so so very much for coming out and putting up with us. I know our household is so loud and always moving, but I appreciate how you came and helped me out so much that I can't even begin to tell you! I cried a little after you left because I'll miss your company and your dishes doing! :O) But I'll be ok! I love you and thank you tremendously!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey...I like the new background! Kinda Christmassy!!!
Love you lots and it's good to have you home! I too am so glad you were able to go and help out!

ron